Thursday, May 8, 2008

Last crop of Turkish art...

Here's the rest of the art I made in Turkey! I averaged almost one artwork a day...which I think is pretty darn good.

In Goreme I befriended a family that ran a rug business, so I'd hang out in there and look at all the different patterns...


I drew a realistic sketch of Cappadocia before, so with this drawing here I wanted to do a more whimsical take on the landscape. This was the view from my room...


I used that same style back in Istanbul to draw the Aya Sofya. This was my view from Les Arts Turcs...


Anyone who has been to Turkey can verify this statement...that the locals drink A LOT of tea! And as a visitor you are always offered cups of tea (cai) in one of these cute little tulip shaped glasses. I began to wonder how much I was consuming on a daily basis! I used brown ink so it would look like it was painted with tea...

No comments: